Friday, June 17, 2011

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

While perusing my Shape magazine this morning, I read an article about a new procedure that is an alternative to liposuction: CoolSculpting by Zeltiq.

First off, let me explain my view of plastic surgery. I don't ever plan to consider it as an option for myself, exceptin the most extreme case. My main reason for this is that I don't want my daughters to think they need plastic surgery to be beautiful. I want them growing up to love themselves the way they are. Plus, I'm betting the trends will come full circle, and those that have remained natural will be en vogue. That's my two cents!

On the other hand, a procedure like CoolSculpting might be a low-risk alternative to major surgery for those who are considering liposuction. It only takes 60 minutes. This contraption freezes fat cells to kill them and the body's lymphatic system gets rid of them. The FDA recently approved it. "Studies" claim that users noticed a 25% reduction.

Dr. Oz featured CoolSculpting on his show and seemed to be on board. Whether it truly works remains to be seen. The price seems to be comparable to lipo. One session is $750, but it takes a few months to get results. So while this is not a monetary bargain, it may be a health bargain. Not having to go under the knife has its upside!

Tips:
  • Make sure you go to a reputable place. Check with your dermatologist or MD.
  • Another review.

No comments:

Post a Comment