Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bissell ProHeat 2X Turbo w/ DryAire and Microban

Check out what happens to carpet in 9 months when you have 7 people running around in one household: The picture hardly does it justice. I want to gag just looking at my floor.


I don't like to fork over hundreds of dollars a year for a professional carpet cleaning nor can I stand to wait longer than 9 months to clean it. Therein lies my conundrum.


Here's my solution:

Buy a carpet cleaning machine, the cost of which I recoup after 1 to 2 cleanings.


The best deal out there right now is the Bissell ProHeat 2X Turbo w/ DryAire and Microban from Costco. (Don't you love my blue leisure suit?)


The current coupon mailer (good through Aug. 2) from Costco includes a coupon for $30 off this Bissell, which brings the price down to $159.99. In addition, this model comes with extra accessories and cleaning solution. The closest competitor sells this Bissell for $235.


My favorite features on this machine include the option to clean for heavy traffic, normal soil, light soil, or just a rinse; and the built-in heater.



Here's what my carpet looks like after the Bissell did its work:

No more gagging...and it feels softer, too.

Tips:

  • Want to purchase the Bissell ProHeat for even less? Share the cost with a few friends. Since you'll only use this a few times a year, it lends itself well to rotating between households.
  • If you aren't a member at Costco, you have a couple of options: 1) Have a friend who is a member take you there to purchase the Bissell--even if you miss the Aug. 2 deadline to use the coupon, it's still a good deal; 2) Purchase the Hoover F5914-900 SteamVac with Clean Surge for $146. It receives excellent ratings as well.

1 comment: