Wednesday, March 4, 2009

...With sugar snap peas and cucumbers, and cantaloupes all in a row.



Liz, you're the winner!!! (with a score of 2/9) I'll pretend the rest of you answered silently so I don't feel like a loser that I only got 1 comment.... :)



Here are the answers:




















Beans













These watermelon sprouts actually came from a piece of watermelon that was left on the dirt for a while. A few years ago, a watermelon vine came up in the grass where my children had spit seeds. We ended up with about 7 or 8 huge and delicious watermelons.






Tips:


  • Save on grocery money by planting a garden. Last year we planted cucumber seeds ($1 a packet) and had cukes all summer long (at the grocery store they cost $0.50 to $1 each). I bet we harvested close to 100 cucumbers--that's a ROI of about 5000%!


  • Start small if you've never gardened before. It's not hard, but if you do too much to start with, it can be overwhelming (I know from experience). Guess who planted the cucumbers? My 6-year-old, by himself.

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! I'd like to thank the Bargain Huntress, the Academy, and my husband, who is my rock amidst all the chaos. WOOHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like a loser that I could only identify the pumpkin seeds and was far too embarrassed to actually comment on the original post!
    Good job Liz! :-)

    ReplyDelete