Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Discount Do

Here's proof, in my opinion, that a great haircut doesn't have to break the bank.








I had been shelling out $60 a haircut at a salon for "good" haircuts. My friend, Amie, got good reviews from some of my other friends. Amie graduated from beauty school (what's the pc name?) 7 months ago, but had a baby 5 months ago, so she set up shop in her home and only charges $15. I can go 4 times as much for the same amount of money! Or I can save a few dollars and splurge on something else.





Tips:




  • Ask around. If you see someone with a haircut you like, find out where it was done.


  • Take a picture. I like to look through magazines or surf the web for just the right do. I've learned from experience, it is extremely difficult to communicate verbally exactly how you envision your hair. Fortunately for me, my hair grows fast...

P.S. If anyone who lives by me wants Amie's number, shoot me an email.

5 comments:

  1. I just had the BEST haircut I've had in years, from a sister-in-law of a friend of my sisters. :-) It cost $12! And I just found out my neighbor, who always has gorgeous hair, does color weaves for $20 out of her basement. Score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant to say is that you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cutting my hair Thursday! I didn't know about this little blog of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete