Monday, August 24, 2009

Nordstrom Rack Grand Opening, The End.

Friday, August 21st, 8:30am.

There she is, the new Nordstrom Rack.



I don't normally participate in mob scenes, but this was an exception. They had coffee, pastries, and bagels for those waiting to enter. Unfortunately, I did not win the $2000 shopping spree (sniff) but a much more deserving woman won: Ms. Mary Hams, single mother of three. Way to go, Mary!




Here's the line behind us. I thought perhaps the early morning severe thunderstorm would have deterred others from coming, but apparently not. At one point the check out line wound around the entire store, and out the front!






While inside, I discovered a new (to me) line of jewelry that I love and is inexpensive: Marjorie Baer. This pretty pair of earrings was only $12.




I bought a Calvin Klein cap-sleeved tee for $8...




...and a lucky brand blouse for $25. They gave out free totes, water, and candy. Aren't they so nice?



Tips:
  • The Rack's clearance is even better. Pretty soon they will display racks of clothing that are around 50% off the lowest marked price. My favorites are usually shoes.

Heather (my grand opening shopping buddy), do you want to tell us about your fabulous leather jacket??!! And the boots you should go back and get (hee hee)?


3 comments:

  1. Do you mean the beautifully cut chocolate lambskin piece of heaven with a shawl collar and peplum waist? I loved it for a day and took it back as I need school shoes for the kids more. (now I snif). And those boots--Michael Kors black leather, no seams around the small platform, great stiletto heel. Yum. I don't know how they would do in Colorado though--I have a feeling I am going to need something more rugged (and warm). I do love that store though--here's to lots more trips there together this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to rub it in....I composed this post before I heard you took it back. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.!! So much crowd.. Awesome buys.. Love your Calvin Klein cap-sleeved tee. It seems that you got a good deal at Nordstrom.

    ReplyDelete