I used to dread the last day of school, knowing I'd have to entertain 5 kids 24/7 all summer long--DAUNTING!
Somewhere along the way I started looking forward to being...
wet (in a pool)
freshly cut grass
my garden grow
stars at night
and spending time with my children.
But who am I kidding? The kids get BORED! And I find myself oft-quoting my oldest sister: "I'm not the entertainment committee."
Not to fear! My friend, Susette, has put together a list of free or low-cost activities for lots of summer fun:
- Free or low-cost movies at local theaters. Check Regal Cinema's Free Family Film Festival for options close to you.
- Weekly activities or reading programs at your local library.
- Vacation Bible School. Check local churches near you for programs at a minimal cost.
- Story time. Check Barnes & Noble's store and event locator for an example.
- Jumping play centers. The cost is usually $5 - $7.
- Free or Half-price day at your local zoo or children's museum.
Anyone else have ideas???
- Live in the DFW area? Email me. Susette's list has lots of local details and coupons. I'll pass it on.
- Check your local paper for cultural events and places of interest.