Monday, June 8, 2009

My Favorite Top...Resurrected

I love this jacket from Cherish, because it's:
red,
feminine, and
different from the rest of my wardrobe.
But do you see the round stain on the bottom? I have no idea how that got there, and I can't seem to be able to get it out, but it's the reason I haven't worn this jacket in a long time.
Recently, I decided I could cover it with a decoration, but I couldn't find a pin or embroidered decorative patch that would work.
Then while visiting my sis in Sacramento, I learned how to make floral hair bows for little girls. It was really fun! When I got home I pulled out some sheer fabric I had in a drawer, then made a bow to cover the stain.
Voila!
I can't wait to wear it again!
Tips:
  • Look closely at items sold in the store. You can get a good idea of how something's made just by taking a close look. The bow on my top was inspired by a hair accessory I saw at J. Crew.
  • Help me convince my sister to go pro. I told her she should sell her creations on etsy. I think she got all the art/creative genes between the two of us. I always look to her to make sure I'm still stylish and haven't"slipped into frumpiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment