Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Deal at Sprouts...again.



I wish all of you had a Sprouts near you, and I apologize for constantly bringing them up when not all of you have access. I'm not trying to rub it in...really.

However, I can't help sharing a great deal when I find one! The excitement just busts out of me. The only thing I can think to compare it to is when a woman finds out she's pregnant and is anxiously awaiting the announcement to her husband. (But not the kind of emotion she has when telling him she's pregnant...and has an IUD....)

Anyway, Sprouts has pineapples for $0.97 each and cluster tomatoes for $0.97 a pound starting tomorrow at our local store.

My Dad makes a divine Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Here's the recipe:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 1/6 c. flour

2 eggs

1 1/2 t baking powder

1 c. sugardash salt

3 T. hot water

1 t. vanilla


Mix together and pour over pineapple rings arranged in 1/4 c. butter and 3/4 c. brown sugar melted in the bottom of an 8 X 8 pan. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes. Immediately loosen cake from sides and invert on a cake plate. Let sit until cake drops from the pan onto the plate.

Tips:

  • Pick a good pineapple: it should smell fragrant and have fresh green leaves. Here's more info.
  • Pick tasty tomatoes: ones that are fresh, firm, and free of blemishes. Click here for more.

1 comment:

  1. Um, you are right--bi-weekly is 2x a month. I thought is was 2x a week when we talked about your contacts. I learned today that 2x a week is "semi-weekly." I wonder about my brain sometimes. I'll be at Sprouts tomorrow around 10:30am. See you there?

    ReplyDelete